Monday 15 August 2016

The Morecambe Trip April 2016

The Easter Holiday was hurtling towards its end and I had not done anything, not been away, not had a break. I opened maps on the ipad; it had to be the coast. I had never been to Morecambe. I booked the Royal. I booked my trains; I packed my little plastic crocodile suitcase with lots of writing to do in it.








And on Thursday morning at half ten I took the train to Morecambe. OMG, the station was near the sea front, the hotel was on the sea front, the hotel was glorious Victorian splendour; my room had a sea view and a view of the statue of Eric Morecambe.









I did some writing; took a turn around town and along the beach, took a cream tea in the restored Midland Hotel, later had a Chinese meal, back to the Royal went down to the bar and bought a glass of wine to use while watching Line of Duty. Which was excellently stressful!



Then went down to bar, all mirrors and original fittings, and wrote some more.
















Next day, took the tennish train back to Leeds and Sarah did my hair. And that was the hol, very short and very sweet, and I will go back for longer next time.

I see the ticket lady on the way over gave me a smiley face. It was a good omen.


No comments:

Post a Comment